Thursday, October 05, 2006

Improved Motion Capture and Cloud Collection

Just a quick status update.

I've modified the cloud spawning program , so that now when two clouds are 'joined' they will 'grow' into a new cloud instead of appearing as a new one. I've also changed the way the particles are created, with less on the fly blurring, increasing speed dramatically.

Secondly, I've just this minute finished the second prototype motion capture system. however I am unable to test it until I've aquired a selection of new LEDs. So that's the plan for tommorrow afternoon after my P.P. Lecture and doing some mixing for Digital Audio. Testing with the LED Flash that my cameraphone has however, it seems to block out all of the interference. It's now just a matter of being able to track the colours effectively. But we wont know if that works until I can test it. I've customised this version to work in dark environments. similar to the final room. So fingers crossed hey ?

Will provide a progress update after I've done the motion capture test.

As for what the others are up to ?
The structure for our presentation is nearly complete. We're aquiring fabrics and materials for doors and gloves. Ben has finished the RSS code and Im having a look at that tommorrow ( which means I can probably finish the weather simulator section of the project over the weekend. Fingers crossed! ).

It's all coming together nicely, which is good - considering it's due on the 18th!

STILL TO DO :

- Join RSS/XML feed with Simulation
- New Rain Animation
- Sound
- Motion Capture Tests
- Completed Structure
- Linking Motion Capture with Weather Interaction
- Setting up and final testing.

Not too much really. But it will still take up much of my sleep.
More updates as they come. I'll encourage the other members to do the same.

No comments: